Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Help files localization
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Help files localization
Help files localization 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Hello, What do you think about localization of your help files in future? CodySafe is very good software, so I think CodySafe users community will grow up in future, and seem to me localization of your manual to other languages could to be helpful for new CodySafe users. CodySafe application has currently included (very good) Polish localization, but if you want, I can help you with potential localization of your online help to Polish. Of course, we should to wait at least on first stable CodySafe version with updated help files, because to CodySafe are added still new features .BTW:For testing purposes I′ve downloaded your CHM file, and I′ve began localization of your help file. Your CHM file is not hard tom localization, and it could to take max 1 or 2 days. Below is test result on screenshot:Best regards,Janusz
Last Edit: 2009/06/23 07:40 By Igor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Help files localization 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 16
Janusz, Thanks for advise. Yes, we are willing to add localization option for help files. We are discussing this issue from the technical point of view. We are trying to make the process simple for any user.

Re:Help files localization 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Yes, we are willing to add localization option for help files. We are discussing this issue from the technical point of view. We are trying to make the process simple for any user.Seem to me that good solution is release some package with HTML files (not compiled to CHM file) with optionally added HHC I HHK files for translation. Currently we have lot of freeware HTML (also WYSYWIG) and TXT editors, so user could to use his proffered tool. This is flexible solution and user needn′t to have knowledge about advanced localization tools and issues. Next, after receiving localized help files you could to implement it to your website and optionally compile CHM file. I use professional localization tool and I can localize directly your CHM file, but similar solutions are usually unavailable for typical freelancer. Optionally, you can use some online localization solution e.g. based on PHP, but it needs big effort for implementing it to site, user can′t use his proffered tool and additional it doesn′t allow on work in WYSIWYG mode. Big problem for translators are potential updates of source help resources, because standard HTML/TXT editors doesn′t allow on quick indicating changed, unused or new items in source files, so translator could to overlook potential changes in updated source files. Professional localization tools allow on it, but usually these professional software are very expensive.Best,Janusz

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: Eugene, Igor
get the latest posts directly to your desktop