Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Problem with PortableApps Installer
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Problem with PortableApps Installer
Problem with PortableApps Installer 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: -1
Hello,I read that Codysafe has full compatibility with the PortableApps suite, well I have just tried to update my portable firefox and it just disappeared from Codysafe´s menu! I downloaded the version 3.5.3 from PortableApps with my language and I ran it, according to PortableApps you just have to run the installer of the newer version and it will replace the old files while keeping your settings. I tried several times running the PortableApps installer while Codysafe was open and closed and the result was the same Also I renamed all the PortableApps Apps in my Codysafe menu (before I tried to update*).. don´t know if that has any matter on this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problem with PortableApps Installer 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2
Wooops wrote:Also I renamed all the PortableApps Apps in my Codysafe menu (before I tried to update*).. .Probably the problem is there...Check the path to your newly installed FF and ensure that parent folder is THE folder you chose as default applications path for CodySafe (the default applications path may be viewed/changed in X:\CodySafe\Launcher.ini file. Look for "DefAppPath" key).

Re:Problem with PortableApps Installer 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: -1
I´m pretty sure I did an edit in the topic and that it notified "your edit was successfully posted"... well clearly it doesn´t shows in the post :SAnyway, I got whats going on. When I reinstall/update* any PortableApp the settings for the specific app in the codysafe menu are lost. For example I had set my firefox in the "browsers" group and renamed the "name to show" in the menu to "Mozilla Firefox", and after the update the entry in the menu group was gone and instead it appeared another not arranged in any group, and as well the new entry got back to the default "Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edit bla bla.." just like after the first install. descryptor wrote:Check the path to your newly installed FF and ensure that parent folder is THE folder you chose as default applications path for CodySafe (the default applications path may be viewed/changed in X:\CodySafe\Launcher.ini file. Look for "DefAppPath" key)..Checked it and that´s fine, it used the same path.

Re:Problem with PortableApps Installer 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 16
All PAF installers (particulary Mozilla Firefox installer) overwrites not only application files, but all service (meta) information.

Re:Problem with PortableApps Installer 9 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: -1
Any ideas on how to update portableapps in an easy way, without losing the Codysafe settings?I know you can install the app in another location and just copy all files without replacing the settings files, but there may be a way more automatic to do so... I was using the PortableApps Updater wich does simply download the lasts .pafs and installs them. Maybe it could be an script that saves the codysafe settings before the update, and another that would recover them... Maybe another workaround (just thinking on the fly now) would be to install the PortableApps not in the default location, that way Codysafe may create a folder in the default installation path with the icon and the config file that would not be overwritted during the update. Thats what comes to my mind, any other ideas?Edit Well... It seems this is the best solution. Anyway no big deal either
Last Edit: 2009/09/22 18:54 By Wooops.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: Eugene, Igor
get the latest posts directly to your desktop