Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Suggestion about applications command lines
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Suggestion about applications command lines
Suggestion about applications command lines 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Hello,For security of my sensitive data stored on my pendrive, I use encrypted partition created and managed by TrueCrypt. I would like to add to CodySafe following two menu items for mount and unmont encrypted virtual dtive:TrueCrypt.exe /q background /m rm /v "Drive.tc"TrueCrypt.exe /q /dUnfortunately, both command line are differ only in parameters, so CodySafe replace one line command by second, because command lines have this same path to exe file. Is this possible change it? Before installing CodySafe I used my own autorun.exe file for manage my USB stick. UI of my exe has two buttons (for mount and unmount) with assigned above command lines.BTW:I found on your website information that on your roadmap are features for folders and files encryption and creation virtual drives. This is excellent news for me, because it allows me to resign from using other software (TrueCrypt). Could you tell me when you would like to implement these powerful features?Best regards,Janusz
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Suggestion about applications command lines 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 14
In general you may call TC unmount routine by create simple batch file and add it to the menu through Applications Manager.Alternatively download attached file (TCUnmount.zip. ~48k unzipped) I made for myself specially for this purpose. Extract it to TC directory and add to the list through Applications Manager...It has 2 options to retrieve parameters:
  1. as command line arguments (in such case just fill your params in corresponding field of Applications Manager)
  2. Read from INI file (in such case all other parameters passed to the TCUnmount.exe are ignored
TCUnmount.ini example:;====================================[TCUnmount]CMDOptions=/d /f /q;====================================
File Attachment:
File Name: TCUnmount.zip
File Size: 29690

Re:Suggestion about applications command lines 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Thank you . I′ve use already my own batch solution, but I think rather about other usersJanusz

Re:Suggestion about applications command lines 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
I too am anxious to see Encryption of files and folders andEncryption of disks and partitions added to the list of features available in codysafe. Any idea when we will be getting this update?

Re:Suggestion about applications command lines 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0

Re:Suggestion about applications command lines 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 16
Alex, To launch updates checker with your custom command line switches you can specify them in "Command-line Options" field of Applications ManagerHowever keep in mind that FileHyppo Updates checker is NOT a portable application and in addition it requires administrative privileges to run correctly.

Eugene wrote:To launch updates checker with your custom command line switches you can specify them in "Command-line Options" field of Applications ManagerEugene wrote:However keep in mind that FileHyppo Updates checker is NOT a portable application and in addition it requires administrative privileges to run correctly. I use the one included in the Liberkey suite, I guess it may be portable thoughAlex

Re:Suggestion about applications command lines 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 14
Got the point :)Download attached ZIP and extract "FileHippo.com Update Checker.exe" (you may rename it as you wish) and "UpdateChecker.ini" to the folder where original UpdateChecker.exe is.Specify your command line options in UpdateChecker.ini file.Enjoy!
File Attachment:
File Name: Update_Checker.zip
File Size: 25908

Thank you ;)After doing some research I managed to find an app that makes launchers with user defined parameters (in case someone else wants another item with diff parameters). You can get it here .After download, all you have to do is to install it, specify the launch target, parameters and icon, and you are all set Edi
Last Edit: 2009/10/26 22:19 By Loopus.Reason: Other info

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: Eugene, Igor
get the latest posts directly to your desktop