Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

CodySafe on Netbook
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: CodySafe on Netbook
CodySafe on Netbook 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
Hello IgorI wondered, would not be possible to create a version of CodySafe to install on a NetBook to launch applications without installation and positioning of the icon on the desktop or start running automatically?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CodySafe on Netbook 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
Using of CodySafe with NetBooks is absolutely natural. CodySafe drive will obviously enhance capabilities of the loaw-resource computer. It is also possible to install CodySafe on the local netbook's drive. However, since CodySafe creates several files and folders in the root directory during installation, we recommend installing it not on the system drive, but on the secondary partition, e.g. D:\ Such installation will ensure also that user′s data and applications will retain even after OS crash \ re-installation \ format of system drive.Moreover - it is good idea to install Codysafe on a TrueCrypt volume, which can dramatically increase security of the data.The automatic start can be enabled in 2 ways:
    By adding shortcut to X:\CodySafe\Launcher.exe to the "Startup" folder of Windows menu: for a particular user on Windows7/Visata the path is as following: C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startupfor all users on Windows7/Vista: C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartupOn WinXP for particular user: C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Start Menu\Programs\StartupOn XP for all users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    By adding corresponding key in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" (or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" for ALL users) registry hive.
Creating shortcut to X:\CodySafe\Launcher.exe on desktop is so trivial task that I don′t feel the need to get into details

Re:CodySafe on Netbook 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
Igor, thanks for the reply, but forgive me if I insist, I try to explain betterThe reasons for my request for the establishment of a CodySafe for netbooks, essentially concerns who is very familiar with computers, which have a dual partition to install the menu creating a special version for desktops, without making many changes, the program CodySafe be useful and easily usable by allAmendments to be done to install it on disk C:1) Delete the file autorun.inf2) Entering the program runs automatically or limit placed on the desktop icon after installation3) Turn off or change the two buttons on the exit and closing Codysafe that if used on C: drive generate a system resetI am the Webmaster Aiutamici.com - report freewareCodySafe - software.aiutamici.com/software?ID=8036076 programs reviewed for installation on USB CodySafesoftware.aiutamici.com/software?ID=11024I fell in love immediately and I realized CodySafe software packages to be installed on this wonderful menu, if CodySafe could also install on drive C would be much easier for all those users who are not familiar with computers.I hope the translation from Italian to English is understandableAgain congratulations for CodySafe.

Re:CodySafe on Netbook 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 14
Here is the link to installer mod which may set CodySafe to start automatically as well as place the icon on Desktop: "LOCAL" CodySafe Installer
Those options are available when installing on non-removable drive only!As well Codysafe Uninstaller modified correspondingly.If you and other users find those options useful we will implement it in the "regular" installer.UPD: We'll think on disabling the Eject button without affecting GUI when running from the system drive if there is a demand.P.S. Thanks for warm words!
Last Edit: 2010/01/17 14:04 By Igor.

Re: CodySafe per i netbook 8 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
Wonderful, you're a bigwaiting for information on disabling or modifying exit button now reset the system before presenting it on Aiutamici.comThanks for everything.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: Eugene, Igor
get the latest posts directly to your desktop