Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Additional features
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Additional features
Additional features 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 16
We have received many messages with requests to add some features to the Freeraser. Sme ask to add status bar, which will reflect elapsed and remaining time, others offer an option to erase free space of the HDD.Frankly speaking there are pretty many suggestions. And we decided to let you, our users discuss them here in the forum. Whem the majority of users votes for some feature we will do our best efforts to implement it ASAP. So, your comments are welcome!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Additional features 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 3
Hello,This is a wonderful idea/piece of software. Thank you for having created it. Additional features I could imagine would include the below in order of importance (top is most important):• Wiping free hard disk space. On command or in the background.• Automatic positioning of the trash bin (I sometimes accidentally drag it somewhere else on the screen and would like to get it back to the bottom right of the screen on different size monitors).• Shutdown command line like freeraser.exe /quit or /q or /shutdown or /exit (Autohotkey cannot WinClose or WinKill freeraser).• Progress bar.• Automatically rename files/folders with random names/extensions before delete.• Reset file size to zero before deletion.And then to be exhaustive in a really exhaustive if you are looking for new ideas you can implement paranoia deletions like what CCleaner and IEPrivacyKeeper would do (recent file lists, temp files, prefetch, cookies, recycle bin, etc.)This would make Freeraser a complete well rounded security tool.Thanks again for having read this far. CD

Re:Additional features 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
In my opinion Freeraser has a great potential, but has still a (long?) way to go to become a great tool.Some features I would like to be implemented are:- support for windows contect menu (right mouse click, integration in windows explorer)- wiping free hard disk space- progress bar for monitoring the deletion process- add 7 rounds of filling according to DoD 5220.22M standard, so an even more forced deletion.Kind regards,Don

Re:Additional features 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
In my opinion Freeraser already is a great tool.Some features that I think would make it even better are:1. progress bar for monitoring the deletion process2. wiping free hard disk spaceThanks for the great programs,GM

Re:Additional features 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Another cool feature would be, that Freeraser is only visible, if an Explorer Window is active, because it's most likely, that you drag Files from Explorer to the Program and not from other Applications, also as above, a Progress bar would be a good thing. Very interesting would it be, if the Basket itself acts as the Progress bar.
---AyrA.ch Pr0xy & Stuff

Re:Additional features 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Like your other users, I have to compliment you on a very useful and easy to use product. Like others, I have some suggestions:
    Ability to see progress (e.g. a progress bar)Ability to use freeraser in email program (i.e. Outlook)Clean Free Space feature
Thank you for your voluntary diligence.

Re:Additional features 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I like Freeraser because it's so visual. The huge recycle bin icon makes it easy to work with. However, there are situations when I wish I could switch off its display on the desktop and only see it in the tray. My wish list:
    - ability to switch off desktop icon- shredding progress feedback- integration into context menu when right-clicking on a file- integration into recycle bin context-menu(shredder recycle bin contents isntead of simply emptying)- drag & drop files to shredder on tray icon- shredder methods: a.) 1-pass b.) first and last 16kByte3-pass, 7-pass or 35-pass are not needed!(Please read this: http://www.anti-forensics.com/disk-wiping-one-pass-is-enough

Re:Additional features 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
jimiguitarman5 wrote:drag & drop files to shredder on tray iconThis is actzually not possible with Windows itself, you had to place an invisible Window over the Icon in the Tray
---AyrA.ch Pr0xy & Stuff

Re:Additional features 7 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Nice software, very usefull, thank you very much.I'd like to have as reported by many users:. Explorer shell integration.. Recycle bin menu integration (based on real content, not only windows reported).. When warnings are enable, make them top most (very often, after a drag & drop, the explorer window covers the warning...). Tray estimation of time needed to complete the tasks, or percentage of elapsed time, remaining time, user selectable.Thx

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: Eugene, Igor
get the latest posts directly to your desktop