Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How to create a custom theme
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How to create a custom theme
How to create a custom theme 9 Years ago Karma: 14
Dear friends! Many of users asked us to add the option of changing skins of CodySafe. We have done all necessay to make this feature available. Now user can easily change the visual and sound settings from the Control Panel. Moreover, Windows XP users are able to change color scheme for CodySafe.Structure: We have placed the folder Themes to X:\CodySafe, where X is the letter assigned to your CodySafe drive. Each Theme folder shall contain "Icons" and "Sounds" subfolders and files ListWaterMark.png, MainBack.png and theme.ini. MainBack.png is used as a backgound image for the CodySafe menu and Control Panel. The file shall be 439 pixels wide and 470 pixels high with resolution 72 pixels/inch. Please keep in mind that only PNG format is accepted. If your file is larger it will be cropped (anchored to the upper left corner). ListWaterMark.png is used as a backgound image for the applications list. This file shall be 233 pixels wide and 392 pixels high with resolution 72 pixels/inch. If your file is larger it will be cropped (anchored to the lower right corner).The theme.ini file contains the settings for background and text color (used only in Windows XP)Process:
  1. Create a a separate Theme folder (e.g. "My Theme"). The Theme will appear in the list under this folder name.
  2. We assume that you have created two graphic files ListWaterMark.png and MainBack.png. Save them in PNG24 format in the "My Theme" folder.
  3. Create subfolders "Icons" and "Sounds" or copy these folders from the CodySafe folder.
  4. Replace original icons and sounds with files you would like to use in the Theme keeping original file names.
  5. Open CodySafe Control Panel -> Themes and select the Theme from the list.
  6. You can repeat the above steps to add as many themes as you want.
You may download sample Christmas theme here
Last Edit: 2010/02/12 09:22 By Igor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to create a custom theme 8 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
I have only recently downloaded CodySafe and the folders you mention above (Themes and themes.ini) are not there. I created the folders, but they still do not appear in the CodySafe Control Panel-> Themes drop down. Hmmm??

Re: How to create a custom theme 8 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
OK, I have got around the problem. I downloaded the Christmas theme, copied and renamed it and then played around with that instead........Tks.....SEJ

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: Eugene, Igor
get the latest posts directly to your desktop